Morning Messages Activities for Kindergarten

Morning Message activities that focus on name learning in Kindergarten
As mentioned in earlier posts, we have been doing a lot of work with CVC words.

To further practice consonants and vowels, we have been doing a special morning message once a week.

It incorporates my students' names, which makes it very high interest and fun!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EDITABLE-Class-Morning-Message-Charts-1102520
Each student gets their own copy of the name page to fill in. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EDITABLE-Class-Morning-Message-Charts-1102520
First, we identify all of the vowels in the person's name.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/EDITABLE-Class-Morning-Message-Charts-1102520
Then we list all of the consonants.

The magnetic letters are manipulated in order to make as many words as possible with the letters in the person's name:
Morning Message activities to practice names and vowels & consonants
When we get through the entire class, the name pages will be assembled into a booklet for them to keep!

You can find an FULLY EDITABLE version of this activity and MUCH more in my Morning Message pack!
EDITABLE Morning Message activities with student templates

7 comments

  1. That's such a great idea! What is more exciting to a kindergartener than his own name?!

    Jessica

    The Littlest Scholars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It will spice up my morning message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chit chat idea and form! Is there anyway that I could get a copy of that? If so my email is ashley.baker@usd453.org

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect way to use children's names to promote learning! Would you be willing to share a copy?
    Thanks!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also like a copy if you are willing to share!!!
    brooke.byrd07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would Love a copy to do with my student's names!
    Is there a way I can get a copy?

    kristi.mathena@yukonps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. See the post with the link to the freebie here: http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.ca/2013/04/name-chit-chat-chart-freebie.html You'll have to scroll down my facebook page to the link I added on April 25, 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.